Labels

Commentary (5) IPA (5) Wheat beer (2) Belgian (1) Homebrew (1) ICONS (1) Lambic (1) Pale Ale (1)

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Skyline Brewing- Hoppily Ever After IPA--Thats My Boy Blue!

A pretty damn good beer.  This is a beer from my good friend Adam Jefferies home brew stash.  He brewed the beer for his wedding and I got a bottle.  I pays to know people.  Adam has been brewing for the last year and has quickly become quite a brewer.  I have yet to taste a bad beer from his kitchen. 
This was his first foray into the hoppyland of IPA's.  As you know this is my favorite style and I was looking forward to give this one a try.  The beer wa great.  It got a really high score for a homebrew.  It was hoppy and delicous.  I always want more hops though.  Very goo showing.  I'm proud to say that I have tasted this beer of all his beers.  I'm a hoppy man.  Kudos Adam to the land of IPA and congrats on the nuptials.  Huzzah!

Skyline Brewing
Pueblo West, CO
Hoppily Ever After IPA- Skyla and Adam Wedding Beer
12oz Bottle
7.5% ABV

Color----------------------Burnt Copper.  A good solid dark IPA color.
Head----------------------Fluffy head that quickly breaks into choppy peaks.  No lacing as you drink.
Boutique--------8---------Piney floral esters.  Homebrew yeast esters come through.
Body------------8--------Balanced mouth feel.  Good carbonation with warm alcohol body.
Bite-------------8---------Alcohol bite with great bittering. 
Hops-----------7---------Good use of hops.  Very balanced hoppiness throughout. 
Taste-----------9---------Well done IPA with taste of the hombrew yeast.  A great IPA
Aftertaste------7----------A good finish but need to be a little dryer to keep you coming back. 

47 out of 60  A good beer
Tasted 7-15-11

No comments:

Post a Comment