Labels

Commentary (5) IPA (5) Wheat beer (2) Belgian (1) Homebrew (1) ICONS (1) Lambic (1) Pale Ale (1)

Sunday, July 17, 2011

I'm not a Nitwit but I like drinking them!

Since my foray into Belgian beers last week I have been dreaming about trying another style.  I got my chance this week at BJ's Brewhouse and Restaurant.  I was there for my friend, and brew partner, Adam's rehearsal dinner.  When ordering drinks I was told that they had just tapped a keg of their Belgian wheat a few days prior.  I was sold in a second.  The beer is named Nitwit Belgian Wheat.  It was a really good wheat beer with the Belgian esters from their special Belgian yeast.  It was a good showing.

BJ's Brewhouse and Restaurant
Colorado Springs, CO
Nit Wit Belgian Wheat

Color---------------------Golden
Head---------------------soft with good lacing throughout the beer
Boutique-----8-----------Floral esters with major hints of Belgian yeast
Body-----------8--------Good mouth feel.  Puckery with a dry finish
Bite------------8---------A good balanced tangy bite
Hops----------8---------Balanced flavoring.  Good use of hops for a wheat.
Taste----------8---------A great wheaty taste.  The Belgian yeast makes this stand out form other wheats.
Aftertaste-----6----------Dry.  But really no lingering aftertaste.  Did not keep me craving for more.

46 out of 60   A good beer
Tasted 7-14-11

No comments:

Post a Comment