Labels

Commentary (5) IPA (5) Wheat beer (2) Belgian (1) Homebrew (1) ICONS (1) Lambic (1) Pale Ale (1)

Sunday, July 17, 2011

God Damn I love IPA--Widmers Bros Nelson Imperial IPA

I know that there is a God because we have IPA's.  I never get tired of a good IPA.  I am rarely surprised by them as well.  It is a special day when I find an IPA that I have not tatsted and then it blows my freakin mind.  This is what happened when I tried the Nelson Imperial.  I almost fell off my stool when it hit my lips.  I tasted this beer the night of my 1 year anniversary.  Besdies the my nightcap with my wife, wink-wink, this was the most memorable part of my night.  It was powerful.  It was hoppy.  It was IMPERIAL.  I love this beer.  Oh yeah by the way I had it at the Yard House, my Denver beer Mecca.  Thank you Yard House!!  Huzzah!

Widmer Brothers Brewing Co.
Portland Oregon
Nelson Imperial IPA
Draft Beer
8.6% ABV

Color-----------------Deep Deep Copper.  A great dark IPA color
Head------------------Heavy but fluffy.  Great lacing all the way through the beer.
Boutique------10------Super floral and hoppy esters.  A very earthy tone.  It smelled amazing.
Body----------9-------Heavy.  Mouthfeel was great.  Notes of bourbon.
Bite-----------9-------Puckering hoppiness and bite.  Very dry.
Hops---------10------Massive HOPS. New Zealand Nelson Sauvin hops. Berry flaovors.AWESOME!!
Taste---------10-------One of the best IPA's Ive Ever had.  Delicious.
Aftertaste-----9--------Dry and refreshing.  Lingered for a long while.  Went back to the beer immediately.

Score-: 57 of 60 points   An iconic beer.
Tasted 7-10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment