Labels

Commentary (5) IPA (5) Wheat beer (2) Belgian (1) Homebrew (1) ICONS (1) Lambic (1) Pale Ale (1)

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Some Unique and Iconic Beers: Give them a shot

Craftsman Triple White Sage:  Craftsman Brewing Company, Pasadena California- A seasonal beer only on tap, it could also be counted as rare.  This is a Belgian Style Tripel brewed with sage hand picked by the brewer. 9% ABV

Chipotle Ale:  Rogue Ales Brewery/Brewers on the Bay, Newport Oregon-  A dark hued ale brewed with chipotle peppers.  Smoky and spicy and drinkable.  5.5%ABV
I had this beer early on in my craft beer life and this one really turned me into the beer drinker I am today.  It was so impressive and unique.  The beer was actually hot and got hotter as I drank it.  I was caught unaware and was duly impressed that beer could actually do this.  This is a must try and if you find it drop me a line so that I can go grab one. 

Pangaea: Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Milton, Delaware- A beer brewed with an ingredient from every continent.  For example crystallized ginger from Australia, water from Antarctica, and Basmati rice from Asia.  7% ABV
I have not tried this beer but if you are looking to buy me a birthday present it is in about two weeks. 

Chimay Tripel: Bieres de Chimay, Baileux, Belgium- The largest Trappist Belgian brewery and the most popular.  This is a staple in most craft beer bars and a must have for drinkers new to the scene of craft brewing.  Everyone should try this beer.  8% ABV

Sierra Nevada Torpedo: Sierra Nevada Brewing Company, Chico, California- The brewers of the most popular West Coast Pale Ale, have kicked this extra IPA up a notch.  For years Sierra Nevada Pale Ale was my house brew, always on standby, until I stumbled across Torpedo.  It is a very refreshing IPA that is loaded to the max with hops.  Plus every bottle has the same great quality.  I base my IPA home brew on this recipe.   A must try.  6.6 ABV

Guinness Original: Guinness LTD, Dublin, Ireland- When I think of good beer I think of Guinness,  More people in the world love Guinness than any other beer.  If you have tried it before and don't like it, keep trying it till you do.  It will grow on you.  There is nothing like ending a long hard day at work with a slightly chilled Guinness in a glass.  6% ABV

Samiclaus Bier: Brewery Castle Eggenberg, Eggenberg, Austria- This is a dopplebock that is brewed only once a year and aged for several months.  Rum flavor, deep molasses, and dark fruit.  Rebecca bought this for me a couple of years ago as a Christmas present. get it Santa Claus-Samiclaus)  we laughed then I drank and it was unbelievable.  A rare treat.  Almost approaching a brandy type drink.  It truly made me feel the Christmas Spirit.  a Whopping 14% ABV

Send me any of your Unique and Iconic finds.      

No comments:

Post a Comment