Labels

Commentary (5) IPA (5) Wheat beer (2) Belgian (1) Homebrew (1) ICONS (1) Lambic (1) Pale Ale (1)

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I have been to Heaven and its called The Yard House

I have gone to heaven and I did not see St. Peter and the Pearly gates, but a bar with 136 tap handles.  For my one year anniversary I went to Denver and walked around downtown Denver window shopping and enjoying beer at several places all around the LODO area.  Then I found my Mecca.  We turned a corner on 16th street and found The Yard House.  This is an amazing bar.  They pride themselves as having as many craft beers on tap as they can.  And boy do they.  The night that we went they had 136 beers on tap.  Of which I had tried 56 of in the past.  That left me 80 brand new beers to choose from.  It almost could not decide.
 
The staff at the bar was phenomenal.  It had a great atmosphere.  Great music.  A clean restaurant and courteous staff that was there to serve you.  I was served by two great barkeeps, yes I went back another time later that night, Jim and R.J.  These two guys were so comfortable talking about craft beer that it was as if we were friends for years.  They walked me through each beer i tasted and made several suggestions of tastings.  As I sat and took notes on each beer, which usually gets funny looks from non-beer geeks, these two guys knew what I was doing and gave me some background information to add to my journal.  It is a real treat to have two barkeeps as enthusiastic about beer as I am.  It made my experience all the more better.

Overall this was one of the best beer experiences that I have had.  It was an 11 out of 10.  If you are in the neighborhood you have to stop by.  Ask for Jim or RJ.   

I will post the notes from each of my tastings overt the next several days including a terrific IPA, an off the charts good raspberry Lambic and a Belgian beer tour I did in which I tasted six of the finest Belgian beers I have ever had, and they were all on tap.  Huzzah!!
A small amount of the taps at the Yard House!

The Infamous Yard House!  I want my ashes spread here.



No comments:

Post a Comment